Week 1 - Week 15
QIULIHUA/0365036
Design Research Dissertation / Bachelor of Design (Honours)in Creative Media
Advanced Animation
INTRODUCTION
Project 1 - Walk Cycle
As per the teacher's instructions, we needed to create two walking animations. First, I completed the first part of the animation.|
|
| Fig 1.0 Vanilla Walk |
| Fig 1.2Blender curve adjustment |
| Fig 1.4 Attitude Walk |
Because I didn't realize that the character's steps needed to follow the previous step when creating the Attitude Walk, the character's steps slid backward while walking. I need to change this and make it stay the same.
| Fig 1.5 Step modification |
Furthermore, I modified the range of motion of the hand movements to make them smoother and more exaggerated.
| Fig 1.6 Modification process |
Then, use the same trajectory to change the foot plane to 0, modify the heel, ensure the blue box cannot move, and align the foot with the horizontal plane.
final project 1:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14DZRpbDIFjmC6vEayyTCA9I956cczHuK/view?usp=drive_link
WEEK 12:
General Feedback:I need to modify the walking character.
Specific Feedback: Improve the character's foot placement by ensuring the feet stay fixed on the ground and do not slide during walking. Verify that the video dimensions meet the required specifications. Refine simple body movements by adjusting the hip control while keeping the motion path consistent. Set the foot plane value to 0 and correct the heel control for proper ground contact. Keep the blue control frame stationary, and ensure both feet remain level with the ground throughout the animatio
REFLECTION
Through this animation production and the teacher's feedback, I realized that I still have many areas for improvement in the details of character animation. Although the overall movement is complete, the foot contact with the ground, the center of gravity shift, and the use of the controllers are still not accurate enough, causing the character's feet to slip and the movements to appear unnatural when walking.
The teacher pointed out that I need to fix the foot position, adjust the hip control, maintain a consistent movement trajectory, and ensure that the feet remain horizontal to the ground. This feedback made me realize that a seemingly simple movement actually requires attention to many details, and each controller affects the overall performance of the character. I also realized that before outputting the work, I should carefully check the video size and animation details, rather than just focusing on whether the movement is complete.
Based on the teacher's suggestions, I will readjust the foot controllers, correct the heel contact with the ground, optimize the hip movement, and check that all controllers are used correctly. I believe that after these modifications, the character's movements will be more stable, smoother, and more in line with the laws of human movement.
This revision process taught me that animation requires not only creativity but also patience and meticulous attention to detail. I hope that in future practice I can become more familiar with character rigging and animation principles, improve my animation quality, and reduce the recurrence of similar problems.

Comments
Post a Comment